But upon [implied - epi]
he came along into the temple
again. And all the people
were coming towards him having sat down he was teaching them.
3. But the Scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman, [one] having been caught upon/at adultery [You can kill a 19 week- pregnant woman because the foetus is not yet human. And a murderess would be stoned nonetheless. Should a 20+ week baby suffer with the mother? This is an indefinite article double designation - not easy to spot! It just manages to substitute at verse 10] Well, having stood her in mist/middle [mesoj not definite so adverbial]
4. they said to him: Oh Teacher, this [one] [outoj], the woman, was caught upon [being] self-detected [autofwrw adjective, literally self-thieved, c.f. auto-fwnoj - self-sounding], committing-adultery [she gave herself away, either by being caught in the act. or possibly by having a bump in circumstances where the husband was absent]
5. But in the Law, Moses commanded us to stone such. You therefore what are you saying?
6. But they were saying this to test him in order that they might have [something] to accuse him. But Jesus, having bent down [katw], with the finger was writing into the earth.
7. But when [wj] they continued questioning him, he straightened up and said to them. The [one] sinless of you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her
8 A having-bent-down again, he was writing into the earth.
9. But the [ones] having heard were going out, one by one, having started from the elder [ones] and he was left alone also the woman being in midst/middle [mesoj not definite so adjectival] .
10. But having straightened up, Jesus said to her, woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?
11. She said: No one Lord. Jesus said: Neither do I condemn you. Go, from now, sin no more.
CNC = 21 (3 threads).
INC Daybreak, Temple, People, Scribes, Pharisees, Woman (4), Adultery, Teacher, Law, Moses, Jesus (3), Finger, Earth (2), Stone, Lord = 15 (3 threads).
The Vatican B and the Sinaiticus omit John 7:53 to 8:11. WHO, UBS4, NA27 and Tregelles, question but include. Alexandrinus, Tischendorf, Syriac Peshitta, Byzantine Majority, Scrivener, Stephanus include.
It is easy to believe that this scripture was erased from the bible by the early church as all bureaucrats hate having their power fettered. And Jesus' mercy and wisdom limits the power of the church to condemn people. This reminds us of those pregnant Nigerian Muslim women who the Northern Nigerian Muslim authorities stone. This is manifestly unfair since it takes two to tango and the man does not develop a bump for his activities. The law of Moses was that both parties were to be stoned not one party...
10 Now a man who commits adultery with another man's wife is one who commits adultery with the wife of his fellowman. He should be put to death without fail, the adulterer and the adulteress as well (Leviticus 20).
3 And the scribes and the Pharisees brought to Him a woman having been taken in adultery. And standing her in [the]
middle [2019Elul10, the start of Passover entry to 2019Tebbeth10, the end of Watchtower Passover entry. So the middle is 2019Heshvan10. That is when the 4th bride finishes standing up. So this woman is the 4th bride, the Watchtower congregation 1NC reserves],
4 they said to Him, Teacher, this woman was taken in the very act, committing adultery.
5 And in the Law, Moses commanded that such should be stoned. You, then, what do You say?
6 But they said this, tempting Him, that they may have [reason] to accuse Him. But bending down, Jesus wrote with the finger in the earth, not appearing [to hear].
18 And when He finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave to Moses the two tablets of the testimony, tablets of stone, written by the finger of God. (Exodus 31 GLT)
7 But as they continued questioning Him, bending back up, He said to them, The [one] among you without sin, let him cast the first stone at her [elders with judicial sins that have not been confessed and dealt with cannot sit on a judicial committee].
Jesus did not say let the one who has never sinned be the first. He said let the one who has sinned and has not yet given the relevant sacrifice under law to as to have that sin forgiven.
8 And bending down again, He wrote in the earth.
9 But hearing, and being convicted by the conscience, they went out one by one, beginning from the older ones, until the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in [the] middle [2019Elul10 to 2019Heshvan10 to 2019Tebbeth10].
10 And Jesus bending back up, and having seen no one but the woman, He said to her, Woman, where are those, the accusers of you? Did not one give judgment against you?
11 And she said, No one, Lord [Jesus is her husband under the 1NC]. And Jesus said to her, Neither do I judge you [Husbands can forgive adulterous wives] Go, and sin no more. (John 8 GLT)
1st writing with the finger in the earth:
(making law for the church/the earth, as God did on mount Sinai with his finger on the Stone tablet)
Elders who have sinned in such a way as to require a judicial committee and have not confessed to that sin and had it dealt with, cannot themselves sit on a judicial committee
2nd writing in the earth:
If a true adulteress (defiled with semen) was pregnant and gets to half term (stood her in the middle), then she cannot be forgiven because God has put his spirit into the foetus and it has become a living human soul and she has sinned against God. But if not then her husband can forgive her if he chooses to, and if he does then the elders cannot convict her.
When it comes to sex, Jesus is maximally forgiving!